Top 10 Tech Support FAQs:
- I can't see my charts:
seaPro will not install:
seaPro built in updater doesn't work:
- Ensure you have installed the charts. See the Quick Start Guide supplied with seaPro for guidance;
- If your charts are installed: Select 'Chart' from the main menu in seaPro, click 'Folio' then 'Build Folio';
- When the folio build is complete, the number of installed charts will be displayed. If this number is 13 or 0 you have not installed your charts.
My mouse jumps around the screen:
- Download the latest seaPro update manually;
- To permanantly fix this issue with Windows 7 & Vista, lower your User Access Control: TN050.
Problems with my boat position:
- This is bug in Windows 2000/XP where the NMEA 183 input is being seen as a serial mouse input;
- A simple solution is not to switch on the GPS or plug in the NMEA cable until seaPro has started;
- For a permenant solution, follow these steps described by Microsoft: TN036.
Using a USB-Serial converter:
- Always point North or showing as a dot: TN043;
- Not showing at all: TN042.
Incorrect Dongle message after installing a seaPro update:
- Ensure you have installed the driver supplied with the device;
- Check Device Manager and look for any yellow '!' or '?'. These represtent a device that is not installed correctly.
Error installing Livecharts:
- The Dongle unlock code hasn't been entered. Insert the Euronav DVD and select 'Enter Unlock Codes for Upgrade'
- If you haven't purchased an upgrade but have installed a newer version of seaPro, re-install your original version or purchase an upgrade.
Error installing ARCS:
- Check you are using the correct DVD or download for your codes. The DVD/CD version will be will be noted on both.
- Check your computer has a DVD drive or that you have uncompressed the 'zip' download.
- Not all charts are being installed: Install the Update and Base CDs again.
- seaPro does not have the ability to crash your computer, however drivers can: See TN046 for further info.